LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Software Requirements
EV3 Programming App
In order for the EV3 Programming App to work on your tablet, your tablet needs to meet certain requirements. These requirements regard both the operating system (OS) and the type of device you
Chromebook app available from the Chrome Web Store.
Bluetooth 4.0 or above
2GB available storage space
No requirements for screen size and resolution
1.40GHz Intel® Celeron® 2955U dual-core processor equivalent or better
Chrome OS version 50 or above (we recommend that you always keep your operating system updated)
iOS app available from iTunes.
Minimum supported OS: iOS 8.0
Supported devices: iPad 2 or later
Android app available from Google Play.
Recommended Android devices:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Google Nexus 9
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (8")
- Windows Vista (32/64) with latest service packs or later versions of windows including Windows 10 (excluding Win RT)
- Macintosh: Mac OS X v10.6 with latest service packs or later versions of Mac OS
- 2GB of RAM or more
- 1.5 GHz processor or faster
- 2GB available hard disk space
- 1 available USB port
- Minimal supported screen resolution – 1024 x 600
LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 does not support certain netbooks with hardware that does not meet the above requirements.